This syrup & instant tea is made with a slow simmer for the knotweed and long steep for the other ingredients, before being cooled for the addition of raw, local honey.
It includes the following, all local ingredients:
- Sugar Hollow honey
- Spring water
- Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) for it’s broad affinity for the respiratory tract and generally soothing & relaxing character
- Nettles (Urtica dioica) for antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, and nourishing actions
- Goldenrod (solidago spp.) For immune stimulant action and additional antioxidant, anti inflammatory, and antihistamine effects
- Plantain (plantago lanceolata) leaf for it’s array of respiratory applications and ability to sooth and moisten irritated tissue.
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) for antispasmodic, antioxidant, antitussive, expectorant, antimicrobial, and antiviral support
- A small amount of lobelia (Lobelia inflata) leaf, flower, seed for it’s respiratory balancing ability. It can relax or stimulate as needed
- Knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum) root to reduce airway inflamation and for systemic health support
This combination is designed to help maintain and regain respiratory tract health.
Have a sip or mix up a cup of tea as desired or needed.
Try stirring a tablespoon into 8 ounces of water (adjust to taste) or use to sweeten and fortify another drink.