Herbal digestive bitters: Formula #1 (working on #2 now!)
This blend is designed to kick your digestion into gear before, during, or after a meal! We use some popular bitters plus one of our household favorites, schisandra chinensis berries for it’s host of benefits.
This blend can stimulate gastric secretions, including bile (production and release) while supporting healthy peristalsis, metabolism, liver, kidney, gallbladder, and skin functions.
- Fresh local ginger (extracted separately in grain alcohol and lacto-fermented in local honey)
- Fresh local turmeric (extracted separately in grain alcohol and lacto-fermented in local honey)
- Local burdock (Arctium lappa) root
- Local dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) root
- Local yarrow (Achillea millefolium) leaf and flower
- Local motherwort (Leonorus cardiaca) leaf and flower
- Local schisandra (Schisandra chinensis) berries
- Local barberry (Berberis thunbergii) root
- Local catnip (Nepeta cataria) leaf and flower
- Certified organic whole citrus (grapefruit, orange, and a little lemon)
- Certified organic black pepper (extracted with our turmeric
- Grain alcohol
- Distilled water
- Local honey
You want to taste this one! Squirt a few drops or up to two droppers directly into your mouth (on our under tongue) or into a small amount of water or seltzer and delay swallowing long enough to feel and taste the interesting array of bitter, sweet, and sour flavors that will help trigger your body’s cascade of digestive processes.
*As always, consult a trusted healthcare provider or clinical herbalist with questions about new herbal supplements
Disclaimer: this product and the information provided here and on the physical label have not been evaluated or approved by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any health conditions.