Update for delivery Friday 2/26
Only one more month until the official start of spring! I am grateful for the deep watering this snow is giving us in preparation! Upon writing this post, our road is still impassable for most vehicles, but maybe by Friday we will be able to use the van and it’s fancy functional heater.
We are making a new syrup/instant tea this week, with plants focused on respiratory health. Like all of our syrups, “Breath Easy” will be made over 2-3 days with a long steep, slow reduction, and time to cool before the addition of raw, local honey.
It includes the following all local Ingredients:
- Sugar Hollow honey
- spring water
- Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) leaf
- Nettles (Urtica dioica) tips
- Goldenrod (solidago canadensis.) leaf, flower, and stem
- plantain (plantago lanceolata) leaf
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) leaf and stem
- A small amount of lobelia (Lobelia inflata) leaf, flower, seed
- Knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum) root
This combination is designed to help maintain and regain respiratory tract health.
Have a sip or mix up a cup of tea as desired or needed.
Try stirring a tablespoon into 8 ounces of water (adjust to taste) or use to sweeten and fortify another drink.
Our microgreens this week are
Order through our web shop, by emailing fishholler@gmail, or through Facebook. Your microgreens will be harvested in the morning just prior to delivery, but please order by 5pm on Thursday, so we have a complete list.